Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Favorite baby items for 1st 6 months

Now that Hunter is 6 months I figured I would write a post of my favorite baby items that I have used so far! I'm listing 6 because Hunter is 6 months!




1. Nose Frida

So the Nose Frida has literally been my absolute favorite baby item so far. The picture above gives a great idea of how you use it. But basically it's similar to a nasal aspirator...but those always suck and I can't figure out how to use it. To use it you put one end one the baby's nostril and the other end in your mouth and you suck up the snot! I know it sounds nasty, but it actually works and works amazingly! I remember my husband said he wouldn't use it when we bought it...but once Hunter got his first cold and was miserable, sure enough my husband used it! There are filters in the middle so the snot doesn't make it to you mouth. and actually the snot has never made it to the filter when I've used it. I highly recommend this and your try it because it really works!



This diaper organizer has been a lifesaver! We did not purchase a changing table. Instead we just put a changing pad on top of Hunter's dresser and we needed something to place diapers and lotions everything else. I registered for it without even seeing it in person and I will say it's wonderful! There is plenty of space for diapers, on the top I keep wipes and in the openings on the side I keep lotions, creams, powder and medicines! Super helpful and doesn't even take up a huge amount of space!

3. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Night Pacifier
Hunter loves these pacifiers. We did get a selection of pacifiers but Hunter preferred the tommee tippee. We have pretty much every boy color and more because I am always losing pacifiers. However what I like about these is that they glow is the dark! When we put Hunter to bed sometimes he will spit his pacifier out and wouldn't be able to put it back in his mouth. I never wanted to turn the light on to wake him up more...so luckily I could easily find these because they would glow in his crib! 


I just found these but they have quickly become a favorite! Now that Hunter is eating baby food and baby cereals we had to break out our spoons and bowls! We have a ton of different spoons, but I wasn't really liking them until about 5 days ago when I was getting out some wipeable bibs from his closet and I found these spoons! We gave them a try that night and OMG they are the best! I love the fact that they change colors when food is too hot. The spoon part will turn white if hot. This is super helpful because I always worry that the food is too hot and I don't want to burn his little baby mouth. I also love that the part that goes into his mouth is curved. The other spoons we were using weren't curved...they were more flat and I often found that Hunter wouldn't keep the food in his mouth. Now that we have used these spoons there is more food staying in his mouth. I am so glad I found these because they are awesome!

5. Baby Einstein Activity Jumper Special Edition, Neighborhood Friends
I posted about this one before when I was thinking of Christmas gifts for Hunter. This was a possible gift and I can say I am sooo glad we bought this for him. He absolutely loves it! Hunter likes to move and in this he is able to jump and turn his body around in the seat. There are so many different toys for him to play with such as a small piano that plays classical music, numbers and colors in english, spanish and french and musical notes. There is a spinner that has a mirror in it! This is his favorite because he loves to look at himself. He likes to spin the frog and musical notes and the red bird too! Overall it is a great activity center for baby! My husband calls this the baby command center! lol I also love that it folds down when you are ready to store it so it won't take up too much space!

5. Skip Hop PlaySpot Floor Mat, Blue/Gold, 20 Count

My cousin gave this to us...she had used it with her boys and didn't need it anymore. I am so glad she gave it to us because it has become one of my favorites! We have hardwood floors so having this floor mat has saved Hunter's head and our bodies hundreds of times! Sitting on hardwood floor hurts after a while! I loved the colors...very neutral. Sometimes mats are such bright colors and I didn't want that in my living room. I loved how super easy it was to put together...just put the circles in the squares and connect with the beige connectors. My favorite thing about it is you can make it as big or small as you want it. You don't have to put the entire mat out. We only put about half at first because Hunter wasn't moving as much. But once he started rolling everywhere we added to it to make the mat bigger! It's super easy to clean...we just wipe it and go! Overall it's a great product!


*****I was in no way compensated for these reviews...these are just some of the products I loved using and wanted to share with you!****


1 comment :

  1. I have also heard a lot of good things about the Nose Frida from other mommies, but I still don't know if I will give it a try. Something about sucking up the snot does not sit well with me. I know it won't get into my mouth, but I just feel weird about it lol Enjoyed reading your reviews, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete