Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Why we didn't find out the gender of our baby


The biggest question I got during my pregnancy was...

What are you having?

And I would always respond with "a baby!" Then of course the person would say "Well yeah but is it a boy or girl?"

I would then say "We don't know because it's a surprise!"

When I said that I got several different responses from people...



Some people would say how they thought it was great that we were waiting to find out the gender while others were completely perplexed by this decision. They didn't understand why we would wait to find out when we could know now.

Honestly finding out the gender of your baby is a personal decision. But here are several reasons why my husband and I opted to wait...

  1. Best surprise ever: I'll never forget hearing my Dr and nurses(who were my best friends during labor) yell out "It's a BOY!!". My husband and I looked at each other and grinned. When they placed that little boy on me I cried tears of joy!
  2. You are already halfway there: By the time you can actually find out the gender you are already 20 weeks pregnant. That means that you have already waited 20 weeks without knowing. I didn't think waiting another 20 weeks would kill me.
  3. Healthy baby: All that mattered to us was that our baby was healthy. Boy or girl...we didn't care.
  4. Extra motivation: Labor is HARD! The hardest thing I've done in my life. The fact that I didn't know the gender of my baby made me that much more motivated to push him out! I was more focused and definitely think it's one of the main reasons I kept fighting when it got hard and didn't give up. I wanted to know if baby was a boy or girl!

2 comments :

  1. That is so awesome that you didn't find out the gender and wanted to keep it a surprise. I wanted to do this at first, but my husband was not 100% on board with this and so, we ended finding out. It was still an amazing feeling to know we were having a girl though. That's what I was hoping for :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I totally support everyone's decision to find out or not find out :)

      Delete